Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Missing in Action

Or so it would seem. Fact is, I have indeed been riding all summer. Life changes have just been keeping me too occupied to post. Now that it's getting cold, and the pace is slowing, I'll try to post a bit more actively once again. The photo below is from a ride I did on October 21st up on McIntyre's Bluff, just East of Fair Haven State Park. The video below is my first attempt, the results of which I'm quite pleased with. I filmed it in short clips with a tiny Casio EX S600 camera, and pieced it together with some very simple software that was included in the box. Cool! I shot the video just last Sunday, during the course of one of my lake shore excursions. Some of the scenes in the video are from the same bluff where the photo, above, was taken. I hope you enjoy watching it as much as I did making it. I definitely plan on doing more of these.

If you'd like to see more, please give me a thumbs-up by clicking and leaving a comment following this post, below.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Champ, great video. When are you going to invite those guys from Geneva up to ride those hidden gems? Nice helmet by the way...

Anonymous said...

Sick video Champ!

Anonymous said...

Brandon,
Awesome video! You really need to keep on making movies. Lets get together and ride soon!

Casey

Anonymous said...

brandon great video, mind if we join you up there sometime????? jeremy from prattsburgh

Champion of North Huron said...

Geneva, Prattsburg,... you boys and girls (ahhhh yes, especially you girls!) are ALWAYS welcome to come on up and ride. If we're going to hit those beach sections though, you'll need the fattest meats you can squeeze in your stays. We can of course, plan a sort of enduro ride that bypasses the beach sections. If the weather holds (meaning, before we get significant snow accumulation) I could put something together. I've been building trails at the park... and have plans to continue more on MacIntyre's Bluff to the East in the spring. I'm definitely planning upon having you all up here then. In the mean time, if I can plan something up here anytime soon, I'll set it up and get word out through the GBC, Hil Jaymire, The Champion & Championess of Geneva, Casey, etc. Thanks for checking out my Blog, and leaving supportive comments. It's difficult being out of the loop a bit (due to being separated by some geographical distance). I'm glad we can still find ways to be connected. I'd love to get together with a bunch to do a ride real soon.

Anonymous said...

Furb, The bluffs never looked so good! Keep gettin' good at some of that one handed riding while composing and you'll be able to capture the grimace of the poor soul tryin' to hold your wheel on race day. Imagine having someone ask you to calmly move camera right as he's facing backwards during a race—"Dude, I can only see one of your eyes tearing... if you could just slide over it would make a great shot"

Let's see now... where are those studded tires?

Hope all is well!

Rob

Anonymous said...

Nice video, I like the one man subject/film crew...saw your link from mtbr (pedaler845). Im surprised to see no snow. Happy Trails!

Anonymous said...

awesome video! i saw the picture of you on McIntyre's Bluff. i've only walked from fair haven to McIntyre's Bluff and the trails are insane.. your riding a bike!

Ann D said...

What an awesome video, especially like the Gerry music!!!!!
Im just a beginner but would love tp ride.

Ann D said...

Nice video!!!! Looks like a blast. Im a new rider but would love to. I especially like the tunes. Gerry G. ?

Champion of North Huron said...

Yep... That's it Ann D. Garcia and Grisman. It's Louis Collins, from the album Shady Grove. Thanks for watching. I haven't posted in such a long time. Used to ride like hell. Now days, job and other responsibilities consume too much time. I've got to get back to it! Get out there and ride all you can.